Sunday, September 18, 2016

As summer comes to an end I'm reminded of what an amazing year of adventure and growth I've had.

I've learned a lot about myself...how to open my heart...that love is to be shared. My heart loves freely! I fall in love with people, places, things every day. I've learned that real love and happiness is about giving, not receiving. When you open your heart and give, all your love is reflected back to you.

I have a fantastic group of friends and i am humbled by their generosity.

At the end of May i flew out west for a holiday full of firsts. I flew alone. We spent 24 hours on the Colorado River, boating, hiking, camping, and soaking in the hot springs. NV->AZ->CA. We went off-roading in the desert. The vastness of beauty on this Earth repeatedly brings me to tears. A week in Burbank/LA followed. I Ubered alone, hiked Griffith Park alone from the old carousel all the way up to the Observatory! We drove up the Pacific Coast Highway and took sunset pictures on the beach. We drive past Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Mulholland Dr.






Now I know why people love California! I could've stayed so much longer. August 1 I drove to Detroit to visit this same friend (he was there for work). We spent an entire day kayaking, picnicing, enjoying nature in the midst of the city. We slept in a 5 start hotel! The next evening i met up with girlfriends and enjoyed Gwen Stefani live.

Generosity. Yep.

I want to go all the places and see all the beauty. 


Be an example of what love really is.


Oh! I crocheted this amazing spare tire cover :)

As I type this blog entry, I'm getting ready for my very first trip over seas. Again, through the generosity of a close friend. In less than one week I'll be visiting Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

Be kind to each other. 💚

No comments:

Post a Comment