Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Snow on tax day

I'm not sure which is worse!
But cold weather means soup for me. So tonight's dinner was 'Clean out the Fridge' Ramen soup!


Earlier this month I scored a flat of delicious shiitake mushrooms. After working my way through about half of them, the remaining mushrooms ended up as mushroom stock in the freezer.


I sautéed up some onion, carrots and celery as I brought the stock to a boil. Then added the noodles, some frozen spinach, some fried tempeh and an egg (along with some soy sauce, ginger and sesame seeds). So delicious!


I hope you're all as lucky as I am to have fresh, organic eggs in your refrigerator! I get mine from my friend Liz at Barton Farms and Gardens or Ami at Breakneck Acres.


I also did some baking this weekend. Vegan Banana Bread and Vegan Carrot Oat Breakfast Cookies for Mr. Zub's Deli.  If you are in the West Akron/Highland Square area and have a taste for delicious sandwiches and home baked desserts make this a stop!

I may have mentioned that last January my grandparents both passed away. Slowly but surely my mother and uncles are working their way through my grandparents' belongings. My birthstone is opal and I have inherited my grandmother's opal jewelry.

 
So beautiful. I'll always have her with me.
It's a busy week here again. Extra hours at the salon, preparing for Crafty Mart, potting up the vegetables for this summer's garden. I'll have another update soon!
Take care of yourself and hug the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment