Thursday, July 24, 2014

Did you miss me much?

I'm back!
Thanks to a new (used) Macbook Pro that I picked up this evening, I can finally get back to you gracious readers! I think it's been 3 months since I've updated. It feels like I'm meeting you all over again so.....Nice to meet you! Welcome to my blog about all the things that keep me busy during my days.
I've been a busy bee and I'm deep into the 2014 canning season. This most recent batch was blueberry butter cooked down in my crock pot. The recipe made six half pint jars and as soon as I posted the picture I had three of them sold!

I picked blueberries twice this summer. Twelve pounds both times. That's a lot of blueberries! I made blueberry jam, one batch with sugar and one batch with honey. I made blueberry pie filling too!




As you can see in the picture, I also picked raspberries (that box has 3 1/2 pounds worth inside). I picked strawberries this spring, black raspberries and green beans too, along with daily pickings from m mulberry tree late spring.












I've made lemon curd, candied jalapenos, jams, mulberry BBQ sauce, pie fillings, honey spreads! So much deliciousness! The picture above right shows my table set up at the Akron Farm and Flea Market. It's a brand new market right in downtown Akron where you can find anything from produce, home canned goods, quality handmade crafts and even yard sale items! It's been quite a learning adventure for us all but in the most fun way.

I'm so excited to be back that I just could continue this post all night...but I won't. I'll save for another time. Besides, it's almost my bedtime. Thanks for your time Dear Readers. I will include some links and recipes in my next posts as soon as I figure out how to use this Apple device a little better.

Be kind to each other! I'll be back soon  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment