Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day 2015





Happy Valentine's Day to all of you dear readers <3

Here, in Northeast Ohio, we're in the middle of a winter storm. Its snowing and drifting, the temperatures are falling and windchills are expected to be dangerously below zero overnight. I love winter and the snow. I know, I know I'm in the minority around here. I am not quite as fond of the uber cold temperatures. Ask anyone, I'm a freeze baby.

I did manage to spend about 35 minutes shoveling my driveway without freezing solid. Thank God (and Jaki B) for my Burton snowboarding jacket that keeps me toasty!
Did some shopping, ran my kid around a little and then came home to hunker down.

I had an Instagram follower ask about a recipe and realized that I haven't posted a recipe in quite a long time! Ooops :(
Most of you know that I sell my vegan bakery at a local sandwich shop, Mr. Zubs Deli, which now has two locations. This week I made a big batch of cookies from a new recipe.

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Because Zubs only needs vegan bakery from me I modified a recipe I found from Two Peas and Their Pod. I took out the animal products and omitted the frosting. I thought they were sweet enough with out frosting...almost healthy tasting! Almost.

This recipe makes about 2 dozen good sized cookies. Preheat oven to 350F
In small bowl mix together 1Tbl ground flax seed meal and 3Tbl warm water. Set aside.
In medium bowl whisk together 1 1/4C flour, 1tsp baking soda, 1/2tsp salt and 1/4tsp cinnamon
In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend together 4T softened Earth Balance margarine, 1/2C brown sugar, 1/4C white sugar, 1/3C peanut butter, 1Tbl agave, 1tsp vanilla, and flax mixture. Blend until smooth. Add 2 VERY ripe bananas and mix until thoroughly combined.
Slowly add in flour mixture until combined. Stir in 2C old fashioned oats by hand.

I use my handy dandy cookie scoop to make cookies uniform size. Place dough 2 inches apart on baking sheet with silicone baking mat and bake in oven for approximately 12-15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and remove to cooling rack.

Enjoy and try not to eat them all in one sitting! And of course you're free to use the original recipe or make any modifications between the two. I might try a gluten free version next time.

Well, I'm going to get back to my crocheting. I'm almost finished with another gorgeous fox scarf. I have a couple baby blankets to get to work on next.

I hope you had a fantastic Valentine's Day wherever you are! Single or not, make sure those you love know that you love them.

Stay warm and safe! And if your Cuyahoga Falls local, join me for yoga at the new LA Fitness Sunday morning at 11am!

No comments:

Post a Comment