Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Leftovers!

Tuesday is almost over already. I need more hours in the day...or more days in the week...or a clone of myself. But that might end up like the movie Multiplicity and nobody wants another, dumber Monica running around!

I started my new job today! Exciting new beginnings but I haven't worked full time, outside of my home, for almost five years. It's hard to find the time to fit all the other things I do into a week that's already filled with a job. Never fear! I'll make it happen.


Came home from work and made some homemade mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes to eat with the leftover Thanksgiving stuffing I still have. Don't be scared to make gravy! It's so easy!

Mushroom gravy

Heat 2Tbl butter and 2Tbl olive oil in a skillet.
Add 4oz sliced mushrooms and sauté over medium heat until they are browned and release their juices.
Sprinkle 3Tbl flour over mushrooms and stir to coat them.
Add 1 to 1 1/2C vegetable stock and bring back to a low boil while stirring constantly.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
That's it. Easy peasy. No lumps. So delicious!


I sat down to eat and open my mail. Two new cookbooks in today's mail! Woo hoo! Have I told you I have a cookbook addiction? Yeah. It's a thing.


Last night I worked on hand stamping my Christmas cards. About 20 finished. Not sure if I'll need many more...but if you would like one, leave me your name and address in the comments!


 
So much to work on tonight so back to work for me! Have a good night. Tell the important people in your life how much you love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment