Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve!

Hi! I've missed you!
It's Christmas eve and I'm finally feeling caught up. I've settled in to my new job, all holiday craft shows are finished, and gifts are all wrapped and ready to give!


Why do cats love being under the Christmas tree?

Last holiday craft show was this weekend past. See anything you want to buy? I still have products leftover!

I baked a nice loaf of sourdough this morning. Took it out of the oven to cool and when I removed the loaf from my pizza stone....


I'm not sure how or why this happened but it sure makes me sad. This pizza stone was a wedding gift back in 1984 and I've lovingly used it for almost 30 years! Maybe Santa will bring me a new one.

I needed some comfort food after that loss so I decided to make some macaroni and cheese. Having just seen this post and recipe by Joy the Baker, I modified it a little to use what I had on hand and baked up a pan of caramelized mushroom and onion mac and cheese!

 Seriously! What is there NOT to like about this? Carb load to get ready for some drinking while wrapping gifts!


Gifts are wrapped, stockings are stuffed, I've watched Elf, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and Home Alone today. Life is good.

Whether or not you celebrate Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa or Festivus remember what the true meaning of this season really is. Spend time with the ones you love, family or friends. Tell them you love them. Share your time and energy - it's the best gift you can give!

Be happy! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment