Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Funday!

Last night was a 'girl's night' for my best friend's birthday. Delicious Mexican food was consumed, then drinks and dancing! I was DD for the evening which allows for some fun people-watching.

This morning I woke around 7:30am with the beginnings of a migraine. I could tell it was weather related since I felt it in my sinuses and teeth. Ugh! Aspirin, water, caffeine, cold wash cloth on my eyes and back to bed! It's been lingering throughout the day but I have so much to do. No rest for the wicked, right?!

So I finished joining these granny squares and bordered this blanket while I watched our poor Cleveland Browns lose   :(

I hope Jess loves it and I hope whoever she's gifting it to loves it too!

I had some baking to do today. I made half a batch of West Point Market's Killer Brownies for a co-worker's birthday treat. If you're from Akron you've probably experienced the decadence of these famous gooey, caramel-y, rich brownies.

Then this happened...
Last night I noticed that the bakery case at Mr. Zub's Deli was bare of vegan treats! So I defrosted a loaf of vegan pumpkin pecan bread and then whipped up a batch of these vegan banana-oat-coconut cookies. Piece of cake (or, err...cookie). I'll deliver them late Monday or early Tuesday for your consumption.

Then I noticed I had about 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree in the fridge that needed using. Ever make your own granola? Me either but that's what I was wanting. So....ta-da!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and modified it to fit the ingredients I had on hand.

Pumpkin Pie Granola
In large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
4C oats
1C chopped  pecans
1tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
dash of salt
In medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients.
3/4 C pumpkin puree
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
2T honey
1tsp vanilla
All at once, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until uniformly combined. Spread onto 1 or 2 baking sheets. Bake at 325F for 45 minutes, stirring and re-spreading mixture every 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!

I wish you could smell my house through this blog. Seriously! So good.

What did you do on this Sunday Funday?

No comments:

Post a Comment